Mediation services have gained quite a foothold in the last few decades. Mediation services have become popular because of the following reasons:-
1. Mediation services are less expensive than normal court proceedings. They are cheap and do not cast a hole in the pocket. The prices involved are nominal and reasonable unlike a normal litigation procedure.
2. Mediation services are less time consuming. They ultimate decision is taken quickly and do not involve much time. This is particularly beneficial if there are children involved. Timely proceedings ensure that the future of the children is not hampered.
3. Under mediation services the proceedings take place behind closed doors. Everything takes place in a hushed up manner. This ensures privacy. The people involved in the dispute are assured of the fact that everything concerning the dispute is kept confidential.
4. One of the best benefits of mediation service is that the parties involved do have a direct say in the whole proceedings. This means the people involved in the dispute can participate in the final decision that’s taken.
5. An added advantage of mediation is that the decision taken is impartial. In other words there is no favoritism or nepotism involved. This ensures the fact that there is a fair trial.
6. One of the best benefits of mediation service is that they provide moral support to the child. Since we have already discussed that mediation services are less time consuming. This ensures that the future of the child involved is not hampered in any ways.
7. Mediation services are not as stressful as normal litigation process. Mediation services are an easy process and less complex.
Having discussed the benefits of mediation services, let’s look at some tips parents should follow while availing mediation services:-
1.While availing the benefits of mediation services, parents should take care of the fact that children are not trophies to be won, but are gifts to be cherished. Therefore, it’s important that they take aside their prejudices while dealing with the child. The child’s future should be more important than anything else.
2. One should not abuse ones ex. This will hamper the whole separation process and the case may go against the spouse concerned.
3. While taking the final decision, one should take care of the activities surrounding the child, his interest, his upbringing, his studies, etc.
Family Mediation in Leicester provides all the aforesaid benefits. A Family Mediation service in Leicester is one of the best.